[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
GeezerGaming • View topic - SO - WHO PREORDERED BF1

SO - WHO PREORDERED BF1

Battlefield 1942 up through Hardline

Re: SO - WHO PREORDERED BF1

Postby nervustwitch » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:09 pm

"Just remember stupid is a condition that cannot be fixed, ignorance is optional. At some point the second equates to the first. "
nervustwitch
Becoming a Bit Wordy Poster

Postby Scorpio » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:13 pm

Scorpio

Postby nervustwitch » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:40 pm

I see him playing the Division here and there
"Just remember stupid is a condition that cannot be fixed, ignorance is optional. At some point the second equates to the first. "
nervustwitch

Postby DrFr » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:14 pm

Out of curiosity, logged in to Dad's Hideout to see how their forums are doing. DHO was one of the busiest forums I'd ever seen 3, 4 years ago. While they have a much larger user base than do we, many of their threads hadn't been posted to for several days or weeks - which would have been unthinkable a few years ago.

Even the Havok / Butrning Legion clan took down their forums. In reading the World of Tanks thread about the untimely passing of Will / Lion, most of the comments were about getting to know him in TS, text or cellphone.

Things are just changing ....
Gaming since the Odyssey ... Magnavox, not Homer ...

DrFr
Geezer Poster

Postby nervustwitch » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:46 pm

Ok I tried something last night.

My 19 year old son is back from his short Navy stint,medical reasons. Now he knows about forums and will read them but does not post in them or even sign up for any. I asked his best friend while he was here if he used forums.......he had no clue what I was talking about. I showed him a forums site and he said oh those,nope I have no use for them.
And his girlfriend doesnt even understand why we still use a desktop.lol

Yup,things have changed.
Guess if it isnt easily available on their pocket PC they are not going to use it.
nervustwitch

Postby DrFr » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:22 pm

What's ironic is that those of us who were plugged into dial-up Bulletin Board Services (BBSs) or USENET in the '80s had a hard time getting excited about the World Wide Web because early web sites didn't yet have forums or discussion boards. It was all static at first.

By the mid- to late '90s, forum software was pretty readily available, and I think that interactivity helped drive the growth of the Web.

But, yeah, the new generation - not so much ...
Gaming since the Odyssey ... Magnavox, not Homer ...

DrFr
Geezer Poster

Postby Scorpio » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:58 pm

Scorpio

Postby nervustwitch » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:43 pm

nervustwitch

Postby Rogerdoger45 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:33 am

HUH
Rogerdoger45

Postby fletch » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:39 pm

I come to the site often just not much of a poster. Definitely been keeping an eye on you guys.

Im hoping for BF1 to be a good one. This might be the game to get me to finally sit back down at the desk instead of a coffee table. I tried this https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-L ... B01FGR778O at Quake Con. I really liked it! I might have to give in so I could play this on the sofa with the big screen. Who Knows?
fletch
Average Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Battlefield Series