[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
GeezerGaming • View topic - Will be out, but checking in.

Will be out, but checking in.

Vacation, PC down or just taking a long break but NOT leaving Geezergaming? Post your absence here so we know what's up.

Will be out, but checking in.

Postby Fireman » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:53 pm

Here's the deal, riding my bicycle Sunday on the Trinity Trails. Doing a 40 mi. ride and was on my way back to truck with 30 miles in. Lady steps out in front of me from between some buildings. Hit her and over the bike I went. Face planted in to the concrete path, my right cheek taking the brunt of the force.

I have several fractures on the right side of my face from the right cheek bone being pushed backwards. ER......... Concussion, neck sprain and facial fractures. Saw the Plastic Surgeon yesterday and the went through the results of the CT Scans with me and Gloria. Will be scheduled for surgery either Tues. or Thurs.

Will be a long and painful recovery, not to mention the costs. I will do my best to check in periodically on our Acct. Status and such, but I don't see much game playing for some time.

Bike has a broke front tire/rim and handlebar controls are whacked, at least out of place and hopefully can be just re-set.

That's all for now. I would appreciate it if you could pass the word around. I did not want to put this on FB as I have family members that I don't want to take a chance on them seeing. Just let the Geezers know through TS or something.

Until later, you bunch take care.

Fireman
Geezer Poster

Re: Will be out, but checking in.

Postby rattlesnake » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:49 pm

man.. sorry to hear that fireman.. you take care.. thank god it wasn't the other bike.. don't think you would be telling us the story..
rattlesnake
Somewhat Active Poster

Postby nervustwitch » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:49 pm

Hope you get a full recovery as soon as possible.

Will pass it along and tell them to keep it out of Facebook just in case.

Get well
"Just remember stupid is a condition that cannot be fixed, ignorance is optional. At some point the second equates to the first. "
nervustwitch
Becoming a Bit Wordy Poster

Postby Scorpio » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:43 am

Damn Fireman. What did the woman look like after the crash? Seriously, hope you get healed quickly and are back to it. It like riding a bike...oh...well, you know. I probably shouldn't try to make you laugh. Hmm
Get well soon.
Scorpio

Postby DrFr » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:42 pm

Hang in there, buddy. Prayers for a full and speedy recovery.
Gaming since the Odyssey ... Magnavox, not Homer ...

DrFr
Geezer Poster

Postby benjie~67 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Sorry to hear about the accident Fireman. Hope you have a speedy recovery. I am at the airport, going to Toronto for the weekend will check in next Week to learn about your progress.
benjie~67

Postby Fireman » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:14 pm

They scheduled the surgery for this coming Monday. Oh boy, this is going to be fun.

I do check in to keep up with things. Headphones hurt right now and wearing my glasses is painful on the nose. Plus, my vision is slightly off right now so focusing on one thing with both eyes starts to make me nauseated.

As soon as I am able, I will let you know the outcome of the surgery, DR. expects no issues and sees no reason for a full recovery. Said FULL recovery could take much longer than just the healing of the bones, but hey, I got time.

Fireman
Geezer Poster

Postby Scorpio » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:33 pm

So plastic surgery...are you going to get that nose fixed while your at it?
Hey, you never said I couldn't try to make you laugh.
When not using headphones, I use ear buds...like the apple buds. It may not be the best but it might feel a whole lot better.
I may not play every day but GeezerGaming comes up every time I open my browser so I'll be looking for good news.
In our prayers Firebutt, in our prayers.
Scorpio

Postby Blick » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:00 pm

You're in our thoughts! Hope for an easy and fast recovery.
Blick
Average Poster

Postby Tallin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:06 pm

Prayers for a quick recovery man hope all goes well.

Tallin
Tallin
Mildly Intense Poster

Next

Return to Extended Absence