Is it me or my gun?

Battlefield 1942 up through Hardline

Re: Is it me or my gun?

Postby nervustwitch » Thu May 28, 2015 11:11 pm

Also sorry,forgot to mention.
That ak-12 is really a good gun,its better than alot of the ones you unlock later on.but it does need a stubby or potato grip.But it has to have controlled quick 2-3 round bursts.

I know DSL in my area is up to 15 down but it will never hit it....lucky if it ever hits 5 down.But has alot of packet loss and that is very bad for games like BF4 or any FPS games.
"Just remember stupid is a condition that cannot be fixed, ignorance is optional. At some point the second equates to the first. "
nervustwitch
Becoming a Bit Wordy Poster

Postby QuickSilver » Fri May 29, 2015 1:29 am

Ah, I never took it that you were bad mouthing my system. Ummm, never mind that. I wasn't sure what your wife had in her system. Yes, she does have more umph than mine. .....I agree ... regular Dell's off the shelf shouldn't be bought for gaming and it doesn't sound like an off the shelf model that she has. Something seems weird, though. Why is it that I can play the heftier games smoothly, while her system stutters? I paid a little over $1700 for this laptop back in 2011. The only time I really had trouble was when I downloaded the Star Citizen hanger and flight simulator. It was so choppy I couldn't do anything in it. I ended up uninstalling it. Your wife's system should kick butt - not freeze and then shut down. Something just don't seem right. Desktops will out perform laptops - no brainer there so I'm sure you got a better system for the price.

The reason I need a laptop is that my job requires me to travel - sometimes 10 months out of the year. I tried carrying around a desktop but that proved cumbersome. A laptop is much easier to travel with, especially when you are restrained to hotel rooms. I agree with the Asus laptops as well. For Christmas I bought my son a CyberPower laptop. It is a very nice 17.3" Fangbook system with 16 gigs, GTX 980M video card, i7-4710MQ Processor 2.50 GHz 6M Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 3.50 GHz, 256 GB Solid state drive and a 1 TB Hybrid drive. It cost a little over $2000. Now I'm jealous. I'm looking at getting one for myself. He loves his and his frame rates are incredible. He's lucky he has a dad like me :lol:

Well, let's look to the future and consider playing Star Citizen with the rest of the guys that have pledged here. I look forward to it. I have 2 Constellation Andromeda's and one Aurora LX. I have 2 High Admiral accounts and am an original backer. Got my face to face Skype talk with Chris Roberts for almost an hour. He's a really nice person. My son talked with him too.
QuickSilver

Postby nervustwitch » Fri May 29, 2015 2:08 am

Well hers did do the job,but the issue is now that the CPU has been damaged from overheating because of the poor case design they had.
I even bought her an expensive cooling pad when she got it to help cool it and it still didnt do the job.Only thing she can do with it now is her schoolwork.

I understand the need for the laptop,I would definitely go with the ASUS from hearing how well they have run for fellow Geezers. Yeah he is lucky...my dad would have told me get a job....lol. Geez back in the 80's when I was 13,I had to mow yards all summer non stop just to get my first guitar.Not that my dad didnt want to but just moved to new town and he was starting his own business.

As for Star Citizen,I can run it but not as good as I would like.I get about 40frames in Arena Commander now.Its playable,but when my pc gets to where I cant run at least 60 frames...its time to upgrade.
Im also an original backer but I have stopped spending,I want to earn the rest. I had the aurora LN but traded up for the new Reliant released this week....cool looking ship.
Hope to be running with ya in the "Verse".

My system,just to let you know what might be needed to run this game better.
i5-2500 3.4ghz
EVGA 680 SSC video
8gb ram
1tb hd
3 750gb hd and a 320gb hd
120hx 24" monitor running at 1920x1080 and all I get max in SC is 40.
"Just remember stupid is a condition that cannot be fixed, ignorance is optional. At some point the second equates to the first. "
nervustwitch

Postby QuickSilver » Fri May 29, 2015 10:36 am

After I get my next system, the device that will follow will be the Oculus Rift. I'll have to look into the Steam model as well and compare.

Who said Geezers can't have fun?
QuickSilver

Postby nervustwitch » Fri May 29, 2015 2:38 pm

The rift does look interesting,not sure if I would use it that much though.
There seems to be a big flood for VR in the last year..The Rift,Steam,Sony,ASUS,Microsoft Hololens(not sure its considered VR though) and a couple more I cant think of right now.
I have the TrackIR that I sue for flying and racing sims.Its simple,light weight and not a pain to get going.I have not tried it in SC yet.I havent tried the last 2-3 updates on SC since they are always 20+gb downloads and I have a monthly bandwidth cap. Im hoping this french guy that just bought Suddenlink will change that...doubt it but I can hope.
nervustwitch

Previous

Return to Battlefield Series